I need help with the markdown previewer

My code doesn’t recognize marked as a function and it doesn’t pass any of the test even though I have all of the things its asking for.

Here is my code

Hello, @kreddick9 !
It would be much easier if you try to delete the JS code and write an uncopied HTML code.

Marked is not a function though, it is an object with a ton of methods attached to it.

Try changing the line in error to use the method parse on it instead?

marked.parse(content, { renderer: renderer })

It worked to render the page at least but there isn’t a test suite installed so I don’t know if it passes tests or not.

Just to clarify. I should delete the entire JS code I have? And just write it again as an HTML code?

Kaleb Reddick

Ok i’ll try this and see if it works.

thank you that help me solve the issue I was facing. I was following the instructions and it said I didn’t need to “4. When I enter GitHub flavored markdown into the #editor element, the text is rendered as HTML in the #preview element as I type (Hint: You don’t need to parse Markdown yourself - you can import the Marked library for this: marked - Libraries - cdnjs - The #1 free and open source CDN built to make life easier for developers)” so I was lost.
Again thank you very much

No problem, happy I could help!

I don’t know much about marked besides what I learned today, but I console.logged it after you imported it and got an object filled with methods, then checked the docs to find an example that was using .parse method, so I tried it and worked to render your page.

If you are working on a project locally (especially one using frameworks, libraries), its a lot faster to just deploy it to GitHub than trying to transfer it into a CodePen.

Thanks for the advice and yeah today is the day im really trying to learn all these things.