I need help with the Survey Form Project User 12. I also need help keeping my footer at the bottom of the page

I’m almost done with this project [well not really] but I’m almost done completing all of the user stories. It’s just 12 that won’t work. I have no idea what I’m doing wrong. Also, I tried adding a footer using the header tag but now it keep positioning in the center and I can’t get it to the bottom.

Here’s a link to my pen:

Welcome to the forums @springflowerwilson.
Just so you know, screenshots to not help. It’s best if you post a link to your live code so we can help.

When a test fails click the red button to see which test(s) are failing and text to help you correct the issue.
Be sure and read more than just the first line of the failing message. The ability to read and comprehend error messages is a skill you’ll need to acquire as a developer. Ask questions on what you don’t understand.

As I said earlier @springflowerwilson, when a test fails click the red button to see which test(s) are failing and text to help you correct the issue.
Be sure and read more than just the first line of the failing message. The ability to read and comprehend error messages is a skill you’ll need to acquire as a developer. Ask questions on what you don’t understand.

The failing test message says

When I click the #submit element, the email is submitted to a static page (use this mock URL: https://www.freecodecamp.com/email-submit).
The #email element's name attribute should have a value of "email" : expected 'Email' to equal 'email'
AssertionError: The #email element's name attribute should have a value of "email" : expected 'Email' to equal 'email'

The second and third lines in the failing message say “…expected ‘Email’ to equal ‘email’

Your code has
<input id="email" type="email" placeholder="Enter email" name="Email">

Do you see the typo/mismatch?

On a side note, do not use the <br> element to force line breaks or spacing. That’s what CSS is for.

• Reference MDN Docs
    and
    <input> is a self-closing tag. </input> is invalid HTML as is <p1>

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.