I need help with these errors, please!

Hi there! So these are my errors;
Can someone help me out? Please let me know if you need more screenshots or if you have any idea of what’s going on! Please and thnk you :heart:

Hello, we would likely need to know more about the code. It seems that calcul_imc_final.html line 97 has an issue where you are trying to access value from a variable but the variable is null. This is a very common example of how this may occur:

<body>
  <input class="myInput" value="asdf">
  <script>
    // I misspelled myInput and instead typed myInputs
    // so this will return null rather than the element reference
    const input = document.body.querySelector('.myInputs');
    console.log(input.value); // Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'value' of null
  </script>
</body>

Thank you so much for answering! I don’t seem to quite understand… This is my script:

And I can’t seem to figure out what am I doing wrong with the animation, I really appreciate the help! Thanks again

my guess is that your issue is in line 99:

var barra = document.getElementById("barra").value;

where there is not an element that has id="barra" on your page. Please make sure nothing is mispelled and that there is an element with the id barra.

Alternatively it can also be in lines 72 and 73 - you will have to check those IDs as well

1 Like

This should be enough? I’m so sorry, I’m very new at javascript, I appreciate your patience

(sorry, as a new user I can only upload one picture at a time)

This is fine. You can see that pes and alcada both are <input>elements which have .value in them. See documentation for value here

unfortunately <div id="barra"> is an HTMLDivElement which does not have a .value on it. I think what you want is the reference to the div itself in which you can simply just do:

var barra = document.getelementById("barra");

from there, you should be able to set style on it.

Also, you should be able to copy and paste your code into this forum and you can format it with the “code” / “preformatted text” button:image

Thank you so mcuh! I’ll try it out and let you know, thanks! :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.