I need, The people at free code camp to give me some way to communicate with them

How about a phone number Please.

Not every one knows enough about programming to be able to pick a program language to study There is just too meany to chose from. So I need to ask questions about the differences and general use of the different programs.
Some one told me to research it. But I need to know more so I know how to do that in order to research it.
In trying to look up stuff I just get lost because of all technical references I am a beginner There should be only basic info with out all the technical references.

If you have questions, just ask them here on the forum.

I want to learn a language that will provide a method to make a program to design a touch screen that will allow the control of equipment turn things on or off gather data from remote locations and display status.
What program languages will do this.

Just don’t use technical references I am a beginner and don’t know what thy mean.

Those are very different things, but it sounds like you’re interested in designing custom hardware, or at least controlling hardware at a base level. If that’s the case, you may want to start with C.

I’d recommend learning how programming and computers work first. Once you have the basics, you can learn exactly what you need to learn next.

I don’t have the time to learn a bunch of stuff not directly related to what I want to accomplish. I need this so I can complete a invention. And I am already 71 years old… late start.

If “C” can allow for doing different things good. I just don’t want to have learn more than one language to do it all.

The basic lessons learned about programming can be done in any language. Learning basic programming concepts will help you ‘know more so you can… research’.

If you want to control hardware, you will probably want to learn C. However, you will probably want web technologies and Javascript for ‘gathering data from remote locations’.

It sounds like you want to learn about embedded systems and the internet of things.

As a warning, trying to only learn exactly what you think you need is a risky approach. You can’t construct a house by learning the bare minimum about carpentry, electrical, and plumbing. Building a house requires a large range of skills, many of which are not immediately evident if you have never built a house before. You need a solid foundation. Intentionally avoiding knowledge can lead to mistakes that seriously cost time.

All languages can accomplish a wide variety of tasks, but there is no language you can learn to ensure that no other is necessary.

1 Like