I need your opinion about my portfolio page

Please, check and review my portfolio page. I know I can still add more codes and improve it (as I have added comments) but I think it is fine for now and I am very excited about starting JS.

The first thing I notice is how hard it is to read anything because of your background. You have text behind text which is pretty bad.

Additionally, when you click on your nav links, it throws you to random places in the website. For example your Portfolio link takes me to Why CS. Tha happens because you have variable heights in your sections.

Lastly, remember to change the “WebSiteName” button.

1 Like

I know it’s tempting to leap into JS, but you should really practice achieving a strong foundation in HTML / CSS, and having a keen eye for design.

Check out the margins on some of your elements. The image you have of yourself - the margin-top is inconsistent with the margin-bottom. Not to mention all the empty space you have between the navigation and the title.

The Portfolio images should really be large and in charge of this page, but instead they are reduced to strangely formatted horizontal images. Pump up the size on those bad boys and let them shine! In fact, you don’t really need your skills to be a fancy carousel, let HTML5, CSS3, and JS be smaller images in comparison!

Again, in your Let’s Chat section, check out the margins. The Upload and Submit buttons are practically on top of an input field (which isn’t even labeled).

For better user experience, you might want to make the section titles larger and center-justified.

You have a good template here for a successful portfolio, but there’s definitely more work that you could put into it. It might seem tedious now, but working on design and positioning will help you in future projects.

1 Like

Thank you both for your feedback.

you should really practice achieving a strong foundation in HTML / CSS, and having a keen eye for design.

Yes, I know that. I have some gaps in HTML and CSS that I could not grasp even after many trials and practice. And even though, I started learning JS I won’t ignore HTML and CSS I will try to fill these gaps with different internet resources that may help me graps these concepts.

Not to mention all the empty space you have between the navigation and the title.

I was obliged to do so as when the viewport is small the navbar overlaps the image.

For the rest, I know that are many things to fix. The design is quite poor and I did not review it or test it. It took me awhile to create this web page. In fact, I am planning to upload it to github and keep improving it to check my progress, in other words this project is not final.