I quit my job to work on the product that I'm passionate about

I quit my job and spent last 2 months to launch this app GoodnightJournal.com.
I would love to get your honest feedback on it!

3 Likes

what kind of feedback would you want?

2 Likes

Feedback for the product that I can use to make it better. Also, any suggestions or tips for marketing will be very helpful :slight_smile:

I think you’re theming and branding ideas are great, the website design looks great on mobile and is very friendly. It has a welcoming feel. However I’m not certain that I would sign up for your websiteWhen there are so many other places that people can create a free account.

What makes your site distinctly unique from free blog sites like WordPress or blogger?

They have been around for a long time and are well-established. You need to consider what your unique selling proposition is.

1 Like

looking at it again on desktop, I wonder what I would expect and what would make me say < “That’s a great feature”. For the theme of private journaling, I’d throw in a bit of science marketing like how journaling reduces pain associated with arthritic disease (rheumatoid to be specific) and with PTSD.

And maybe your site is unique because there are prompts to help with writing to heal, or daily quotes.

Or maybe you can partner with a counselor, therapist, psychologist, psychiatrist that can help peopel clinically…and your site is the concierge service to connect them.

2 Likes

This is a cool idea and very timely and topical as journaling is becoming a clear path to consciousness and awareness and many practitioners of those pursuits recommend a form of journaling to connect with the inner self and the soul, or being within. The written word is powerful in manifesting your needs and wants as well as working through past pain or struggles. My one suggestion is to clearly identify why your platform is different then just buying a physical journal and just hand writing the content. Many people believe writing words is more powerful than typing as the thoughts (brain) and movements of the hand are deeply connected. So you may actually be fighting against the grain with this concept if you look at the act of journaling and why it’s recommended to do it more analog, or by hand. However, I’m sure there are many people who like to journal using a keyboard, and with that you have to ask yourself, why would someone do it here and not in one of the many other options available via a computer. There are so many ways to write thoughts down and many of those aren’t community thoughts. So your tiered pricing assumes that people want to pay to share their journal content with others, but this already possible is so many social media platforms.

So that brings me back to what is your differentiator, and why would someone use this platform? I hope this doesn’t discourage you, I think you really need to think about all the competitors in this space and you also are competing against the most basic form of journaling which can be accomplished with a pen and piece of paper.

Best of luck on this!

2 Likes

what are you doing to secure the privacy of your users?

2 Likes

First whole look is nice actually quite neat but
Don’t you think write public journals should be allowed for free accounts rather than writing private ones?

2 Likes

Yes, I totally see your point of view and I think I probably make more money that way too. I ran this site free for 6 years and came to realize that I need to find a way to monetize it so I can make it better. I noticed that most of people write journals privately and I want them to still do that for free and they can always be a member if they want to support me :slight_smile:

1 Like

the portion that has the tabs for descriptions next to the device would be cool if there was a hover color change just a bit to really highlight the tab being clickable along with the pointer.

1 Like

Thanks for pointing that out! good point!

1 Like