I really do not understand the tut can someone please help me out

Tell us what’s happening:

Your code so far

<h2>CatPhotoApp</h2>

<p>Kitty ipsum dolor sit amet, shed everywhere shed everywhere stretching attack your ankles chase the red dot, hairball run catnip eat the grass sniff.</p>
</main>

</p>Purr jump eat the grass rip the couch scratched sunbathe, shed everywhere rip the couch sleep in the sink fluffy fur catnip scratched.</p>
</p>

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/87.0.4280.141 Safari/537.36.

Challenge: Introduction to HTML5 Elements

Link to the challenge:

Hey!

What is it that you don’t understand specifically?

I can see you have a couple of mistakes in your tags:

• There’s an opening <main> tag missing, and both p elements should be nested inside the main element.
  • For the second p element the opening tag should not have the ‘/’, and there’s an extra </p> tag that shouldn’t be there.

Try to look at the structure presented in the instructions:

<main> 
  <h1>Hello World</h1>
  <p>Hello Paragraph</p>
</main>

You need to achieve that, but with the required two p elements.

Hope it helps!

Cheers

3 Likes

Hello…

I am not sure what you didn’t understand.

As given in the description itself , The main HTML5 tag helps search engines and other developers find the main content of your page. It mainly used for Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and accessibility.

mistakes in your code :
You cant close a tag without opening that. Here <main> missing .
Opening tag should not have the /, here you have used for opening the second paragraph.

Use Get Help >> Get a Hint when you are stuck .

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.