I think I messed up

Trying to do the technical documentation page. Rather than discussing coding or anything like that, I thought, “I’ll talk about poker!” I like playing, and actually just played a game with friends, but as I’m moving down the list of requirements, I’m not sure it’s really going to work for this project. It seems like the idea was to make a project about coding. Do you think I could still do it somehow? I’d rather not redo it, I already had a hard time thinking of a topic to discuss, and I don’t want to start over if I don’t have to.

1 Like

In programming circles, you’ll hear a lot of conversations regarding (technical) documentation in reference to explaining an API, a library, project contribution, etc. Reading and writing good documentation is an important skill and doing this project about a code related subject gives you a good reason to go do some research about the tools you are learning to use.

I’m not sure where you’d get five code elements to use with poker strategy. Putting text between code tags just to pass a user story doesn’t help you learn about how to format it correctly.
Just my $0.02

I really don’t want to redo it. I probably will, though.

You might be able to fit some math or statistics/probability information inside code elements and have it not look out of place. Just a suggestion.

2 Likes

Any thoughts on lasjorg’s idea Roma? He suggested putting statistics information in code brackets. I also wondered about trying to put specific examples of hands, like include the pictures of the suits with ranks and demonstrate certain hand types, like a straight, or full house. Maybe that would work? I don’t think I’ll be doing anything tonight, but I’d like some feedback on the idea if you can give it.

I like that idea about putting in stats. Not a gambler so it wasn’t something that immediately crossed my mind.

I’ve got everything passing except #13: User Story #13: When I click on a navbar element, the page should navigate to the corresponding section of the main-doc element (e.g. If I click on a nav-link element that contains the text “Hello world”, the page navigates to a section element that has that id and contains the corresponding header .

Why isn’t it passing? When I click the link, it takes me to the section. But it doesn’t pass.

@jonjames1986, when a test fails click the red button to see which test(s) are failing and text to help you correct the issue.
Be sure and read more than just the first line of the failing message. The ability to read and comprehend error messages is a skill you’ll need to acquire as a developer. Ask questions on what you don’t understand.

The failing message says;

When I click on a navbar element, the page should navigate to the corresponding section of the "main-doc" element (e.g. If I click on a "nav-link" element that contains the text "Hello world", the page navigates to a <section> element that has that id and contains the corresponding <header>.
Every .nav-link should have an href value that links it to its corresponding .main-section (e.g. href="#Introduction"). Check that these .main-section ids have corresponding href values : Preflop_Strategy : expected 1 to equal 0
AssertionError: Every .nav-link should have an href value that links it to its corresponding .main-section (e.g. href="#Introduction"). Check that these .main-section ids have corresponding href values : Preflop_Strategy : expected 1 to equal 0

It’s telling you (in AssertionError) what the issue is.
The .nav-link has href="#Preflop_strategy"
and you’re trying to link it to
id="Preflop_Strategy"

Do you see the typo?

I remember someone said, or I read somewhere, that you’ll spend hours trying to find an issue, only to find it’s a damn semicolon or something like that. It works now. Does that happen a lot? Where it’s something small like that?

Yepper, quite a lot.

It won’t be the last time it’ll happen to you.

Just redo it by following every bit of the user stories… That’s all

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.