I want to write a program for Music Scheduling

…for radio stations (automation).

What language would you suggest that I learn in order to make my project a reality?

(I have only a course of two on basic, introductory, coding.)

If you just want it on your computer, then there are many languages that would do. If you’re imagining a web app, then you will at least need HTML, CSS, and JavaScript. There are also libraries that help, like the React that FCC teaches.

You’re probably going to need a backend, too. There are many languages that can do that. FCC teaches Node which is basically JavaScript.

Basically, if you do the first 6 certs in FCC, you’d be in good shape, having the basics of what you need. You could do other courses as well.

1 Like

Thanks for the speedy reply, kevinSMith.

I want to create a program that will perform the task of Music Scheduling for Radio Stations. Stations would be required to download the program and proceed from there.

Would a .NET work for such?

Well, “download the program” gets complicated - so many different platforms - are you going to compile different apps for different platforms?

There are things that will allow you to do a desktop app that is portable. I think electron is one, using JavaScript. I don’t know - that isn’t my field.

I don’t know about .NET, I’ve never used it. I thought that was strictly a Microsoft thing, but I could be wrong.

I think the more modern thing is to build it as a web app. There are ways to distribute and monetize web apps. One nice thing about a web app is that you let the browser handle a lot of things for you and you don’t have to worry about what machine they are on.

But I think you are a ways away from doing this - unless your idea is very, very simple. I’d just suggest learning. After you’ve learned some programming, you’ll be better able to ask the questions you need.

I like your comments, " I’d just suggest learning. After you’ve learned some programming, you’ll be better able to ask the questions you need"
Thanks for all the help, kevinSmith.