Ichiro Suzuki Tribute Page Feedback

Hello, I’ve completed my first project and I’d appreciate any feedback! It ran a little long since I decided to have some fun with it and do a little write-up. I was kind of trying to achieve an article format but I struggled with getting it to properly resize for mobile so I’m really hoping it functions properly in that regard. Thank you!

2 Likes

You have done a great job. The fonts are well matched and it looks amazing.

1 Like

Awesome job! I think if you use a font like Abril Fatface or Playfair Display for the titles it will give your page a more professional font.

Well done! The design is very clean, almost minimalistic (which I appreciate), The size of fonts and pictures is good - easy to read & pleasing for the eye. Only one little detail - I would appreciate some white space at the very bottom of your page.

Your page looks good @corthell.dustin. Some things to revisit;

• Keep the test script when forking the pen (<script src="https://cdn.freecodecamp.org/testable-projects-fcc/v1/bundle.js"></script>).
    • The test script should be included, with all tests passing, when you submit your projects.
  • Codepen provides the boilerplate for you. It only expects the code you’d put within the body element in HTML. (No need to include the body tags). For anything you want to add to the <head> element click on the ‘Settings’ button, then HTML and add it into the ‘Stuff for <head>’ box.
    • The link to the font goes in the box labeled ‘Stuff for <head>’
  • Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
    • There are HTML coding errors you should be aware of and address.
    • Since copy/paste from codepen you can ignore the first warning and first two errors.
  • Review the lesson about giving meaningful text to links.
  • Web Accessibility in Mind has a more thorough explanation.
  • “this article” is not accessible

@Roma Thank you very much for your feedback! I went ahead and attempted to make the changes that you recommended, if it’s not too much of an inconvenience I would greatly appreciate it if you could check to see if I was able to do so properly. And thank you to everyone else in this thread for your feedback as well!

Nice job cleaning everything up @corthell.dustin.
One thing I didn’t notice last time. Keep all your styling external. Don’t use in-line styling. It will make future maintenance a lot easier.