I'd love to hear your thoughts on my first website(Tribute Page)

Here I’m sharing a link to my project.
Tribute to Kalam
Please provide your valuable feedback.

Hey, @naveennavy219
Welcome to FCC Forum.
Your webpage looks nice. But there some things to rework.

• change the font of Title and Content to look good.
  • reduce the size of the image caption and turn it grey.
  • reduce the gap between " Abdul Kalam" and "Missile Man of India "
  • change the link word to “Read about Abdul Kalam”
  • At the Footer add Copyright like "This is made by naveennavy219 "
  • there no need to include <!DOCTYPE html> in CodePen because CodePen already knows this is an Html File.
  • In the first main there class with no name You could delete.

Please make these changes.

Hope this helps you.
Thanks,
Codely

Thanks for your response, I made the required changes.
Here’s the link to the updated version of my project.
Tribute to Kalam

Hey @naveennavy219
Some more things to rework:

• reduce the Copyrights font and make the text like "Made By Naveennavy219 "
  • Remove <!DOCTYPE html> in the code.

Please make the required changes.

Thanks,
Codely

Thanks for your constant support. I’d like to connect with you on Linkedin. Can you share your Linkedin handle?

Welcome to the forums @naveennavy219. Your page looks good. Some things to revisit;

• Keep the test script when forking the pen (<script src="https://cdn.freecodecamp.org/testable-projects-fcc/v1/bundle.js"></script>).
    • The test script should be included, with all tests passing, when you submit your projects.
  • Codepen provides the boilerplate for you. It only expects the code you’d put within the body element in HTML. (No need to include the body tags). For anything you want to add to the <head> element click on the ‘Settings’ button, then HTML and add it into the ‘Stuff for <head>’ box.
  • Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
    • There is an HTML coding error you should be aware of and address.
  • User’s are not seeing your page the way you want them to. Most won’t have ‘Roboto’ loaded on their computer and you neither link to it (head element in HTML) or import it (CSS).
    • Also, if you want user’s to see your page with the Roboto font it should be the first value in the font-family property. sans-serif would be the fallback font.

Thanks for your response, I’ve updated my project now.
Link to my updated Project

For the boiler plate thing. I developed the project on Brackets and copied the same into CodePen . Thanks again for you insights

Hey @naveennavy219
I told you to reduce the font of the copyrights and make it grey.

Thanks,
Codely

Nice job @naveennavy219 cleaning things up @naveennavy219. Something to revisit;

• Run your code through the W3C validator again.
    • figcaption is being used incorrectly. Within the validator, when an error is flagged there are reference links. In this case there is text showing in which context figcaption can be used.

On a side note, your design is your design. You don’t have to follow the sample design. Make sure all user stories pass and give it your own personal style. And don’t feel you have to change your design based on someone’s opinion unless it’s something that makes for a bad UX.