I'm completely lost on this topic

Tell us what’s happening:
Describe your issue in detail here.
i’m not even going to attempt to try and pass this without an explanation because going from the previous exercise to this is a complete 180. it was straightforward in the beginning and now it’s gone to poop. Can someone help me explain this rather than copying and pasting it to get out of this exercise?
Thanks so much

**Your code so far**

// Setup
var recordCollection = {
2548: {
  albumTitle: 'Slippery When Wet',
  artist: 'Bon Jovi',
  tracks: ['Let It Rock', 'You Give Love a Bad Name']
},
2468: {
  albumTitle: '1999',
  artist: 'Prince',
  tracks: ['1999', 'Little Red Corvette']
},
1245: {
  artist: 'Robert Palmer',
  tracks: []
},
5439: {
  albumTitle: 'ABBA Gold'
}
};

// Only change code below this line
function updateRecords(records, id, prop, value) {
if (prop !== 'tracks' && value !== "") {
  records[id][prop] = value;
} else if (prop === "tracks" && records[id].hasOwnProperty("tracks") === false) {
  records[id][prop] = [value];
} else if (prop === "tracks" && value !== "") {
  records[id][prop].push(value);
} else if (value === "") {
  delete records[id][prop];
}
return records;
}

updateRecords(recordCollection, 5439, 'artist', 'ABBA');
  **Your browser information:**

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_13_6) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/13.1.2 Safari/605.1.15

Challenge: Record Collection

Link to the challenge:

I’m not going to explain the answer that you already copy-pasted, but I’d be happy to clear up any confusion you have about the question prompt.

What about the question can I clear up?

I meant to ask for help and forgot to delete the copy-paste but I’m not even sure where to begin. It’s very confusing what is asked for in the exercise. I understand the idea of if and else{ but the content within it i’m not sure how to properly execute it.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.