I’m working as an Systems Administrator (38.5hrs/week) and studying Network- & Communications Engineering (includes stuff like software development and network design) in college after work & on the weekends.
There are two topics I just have to learn or else I’m not satisfied with myself:
- Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning
- and Web-Development.
I’ll finish my master (in ~5 years) in Artificial Intelligence… but before that I want to get a job in Web-Dev, since this is the kind of work I really like to do.
So I got these problems:
- I have to get a good Systems Administrator for the work I do now
- I have to learn for my college degree / exams
- I have to learn/work in web-development for multiple hundret/thousand hours to get a job that pays more than my present sysadmin job
- I have to learn/work for my masters degree when the time comes, stripping even more time from me
- I’m switching between what I learn, books, courses, etc. pp. all the time, because I just can’t choose what I should do first or what I should prioritize
I’m stuck. I can’t think clearly.
My goals are clear, but I just don’t have time to do all of this next to working and learning for college.
I’m wasting time by thinking about what I should do so I don’t waste my time.