Im still in distress

I don’t know what I’m doing anymore … just felt like nothing, my undergraduate program is about to be wrapped up in a month or 2, still cluttered with deep thoughts, the future, and the responsibility to make sure that my family is doing well (thinking about it all the time) and I can’t get out of this, so that’s why I can’t even focus on both web Dev and Cisco CCNA . :weary:

Recently I started to learn about Networking/CCNA kinda line which is the opposing side to coding… Even though I took both CCNA/Web Dev one way or another. I don’t say things very open coz of how people think of me… I don’t know what I’m doing anymore

:frowning:

If you feel that you can’t follow both paths, then pick one. If you are working on a degree in something, I would definitely focus on that. You can always add coding or whatever on top of that later.

2 Likes

Sounds psychological. Fear, anxiety, and worrying about the future are not going to put you in a good headspace for learning. You should talk to someone about how you feel, family, friends, maybe you have access to some type of educational counselor, or professional help if that is needed. There is no shame in asking for help, we all need a little help from time to time. Don’t bottle it up, try to work through it with the help of others.

3 Likes

When I’m in a thought space like this, I usually try to take that energy and anxiety and create some sort of plan, essentially trying to take that anxiety and putting it “into action”.

This doesn’t mean making rash quick decisions, but it does mean possibly setting yourself up to take no/low-risk decisions in the short term to accomplish your longer term goals. This could be as simple as picking up a book you’ve been meaning to read, or trying to learn something specific you’ve been stuck on.

You take your high level “head space” anxiety and put it to work on a low level problem that is a step toward your goal. Not only does this shift you focus from “what am I going to do about this big problem!” to “what am I going to do about this smaller problem!”

Not only does that shift make you more focused on this smaller problem, but you can get rid of that anxiety if you actually solve it.

What are big problems, but a large collection of smaller ones that are to be identified and solved? Taking that high level energy and laser focusing it on the smaller ones can get you where you need to go, or at least, get you moving somewhere positively.

Good luck, keep learning keep building :+1:

1 Like