I'm stuck! Add a button as the last element of your forms its text

The challenge is to “Add a button as the last element of your form element with a type of submit , and Submit as its text.” which I think I’ve done, but I keep failing.

My code so far:

<p>Things cats love:</p>
  • cat nip
  • laser pointers
  • lasagna

Top 3 things cats hate:

1. flea treatment
  2. thunder
  3. other cats
<form <input type="text" <input button type="submit"Submit

I’m using Microsoft Edge

My output seems to have what is ask for, but it keeps failing.

**HELP!!**

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/92.0.4515.159 Safari/537.36 Edg/92.0.902.78

Challenge: Add a Submit Button to a Form
021-08-26 083419|270x495](upload://3ddPjcdvSrkyHmZaKppEubM0N3c.png)

Link to the challenge:

The code shows up in my post, but not when I submit it, I’m not sure why. Any thoughts?

I can email it if anyone’s interested. - mfromnh@gmail.com

This is your Problem You need to have a code like this:

<form> 
  <input type="text"></input> 
  <button type="submit">Submit</button>
</form>

Final Result:

Is this how you have actually written it? You have not closed your tags ie <form> not <form and there should be a closing form tag also ie </form> at the end. Might be better to reset the code and start again.
You only need to add the submit button and not change anything else

Your solution is incorrect I’m afraid

Can I know How it is wrong?

I have edited the code

If you look at the text closely he needs to not change whats already there by removing the placeholder etc and just add
<button type="text">Submit</button>
I shouldn’t really be putting the exact answer on the forum

I just thought it will be more meaningful if i gave it with the outside tag and since it had mistakes too I corrected it as well

The input tag needs to have the placeholder text that it came with, the form needs action attribute it came with and also shouldn’t have a closing tag ie </input> although it will allow that to pass which is suprising. Everything needs to be exactly as the question demands or it will not pass

<form <input type="text" <input button type="submit"Submit [/quote] I think you should do it like this instead: Submit

I don’t know what happened, the entire code I wrote just disappeared

If you want to write code here put 3 backticks before it and after it. Then it will show up. Backticks are below esc key on my keyboard

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.