im stuck in basic html

<p>Kitty ipsum dolor sit amet, shed everywhere shed everywhere stretching attack your ankles chase the red dot, hairball run catnip eat the grass sniff.</p>

<P>Purr jump eat the grass rip the couch scratched sunbathe, shed everywhere rip the couch sleep in the sink fluffy fur catnip scratched</p>

I’ve edited your post for readability. When you enter a code block into a forum post, please precede it with a separate line of three backticks and follow it with a separate line of three backticks to make it easier to read.

You can also use the “preformatted text” tool in the editor (</>) to add backticks around text.

See this post to find the backtick on your keyboard.
Note: Backticks (`) are not single quotes (’).

1 Like

Hello, welcome to the forum. And don’t get frustrated - this is hard stuff.

First of all, we don’t have these memorized so please include a link to the challenge. In the future, pressing the Get Help -> Ask for Help button will do it for you.

Without a link, I can’t be sure but I notice that one of your tags is capitalized: <P>. HTML is case sensitive and all HTML tags are lowercase. That might be what is causing your code to not fail.

If that doesn’t work, please provide a link the the challenge so we can dig deeper.

Each of your p elements should have a closing tag.
this cant solve to me how we solve this problem

can u copy and paste the code?

HTML is case sensitive? Correct me if I am wrong but I have read that HTML is not case sensitive and I have checked it myself. The code works just fine

Edit:
It looks like @kevinSmith was trying to point out that you shouldn’t use a capital P in the opening p tag here

Instead it is best to follow standard convention and use lowercase.
https://html.spec.whatwg.org/multipage/grouping-content.html#the-p-element

Hi @danyalghafoor109 !

Welcome to the forum!

I found the challenge you are working on and updated your post.

As mentioned earlier, for future posts, please use the ask for help button which provides your FULL code and challenge link.

That way people will have all of the information to assist you.

Hey there!
I just tested your code.
Nothing much, just try making the closing tag of the second line uppercase. Either that, or make the opening tag lowercase.

Hope it helped!

Yeah, I guess HTML doesn’t care, but the FCC test does care that they are lowercase. And it’s the standard, afaict. I don’t recall seeing html elements in uppercase. And when you get into things like React it becomes a useful distinction since React components are CamelCase.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.