I'm stuck on the survey build

Tell us what’s happening:
Describe your issue in detail here.
I know that I’m not done yet but I should have more than a 2/10. What am I doing wrong? Tips and guidance would be much appreciated.

Your code so far
A Pen by Brooks Driskill (codepen.io)

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/98.0.4758.102 Safari/537.36 Edg/98.0.1108.56

Challenge: Build a Survey Form

Link to the challenge:

Hello there,

You have opened en closed the form element without anything inside:

<form id=number>
      </form>

The form should enclose everything that is used in it.

Also you are inconsistent with the use of quotation marks, for example above at id. This is incorrect. Hope this helps.

1 Like

There is an extra quotation mark on line 10 (id=“survey-form”);
You are missing quotation marks around id=number on line 11;
Your p element should have the id=“desciption” (that will help you pass 2nd test);

Hope that helped :blush:

1 Like

@BrooksDriskill, when a test fails click the red button to see which test(s) are failing and text to help you correct the issue.
Be sure and read more than just the first line of the failing message. The ability to read and comprehend error messages is a skill you’ll need to acquire as a developer. Ask questions on what you don’t understand.

1 Like

Thank you! I feel very foolish for not seeing that

It’s okay, I’m sure most people who code have spent hours on missing semicolons lol
Also, https://validator.w3.org is a great site to quickly check all the mechanical mistakes.
Have a good day :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.