I'm trying to understand the code I'm writing

Tell us what’s happening:
First off, hello all! I’m trying to learn to code and beyond just writing the correct code and clicking to the next exercise, I’m trying to better understand and absorb what it is exactly that I’m executing and how it applies.
Sorry if this post doesn’t look right or something, first time posting.
I guess my question is regarding this “checkbox” code.
how come when it’s run all that’s visible are just check boxes?
I’m trying to find the purpose of the terms “loving, sleepy, mean, personality”
If I’m on outside browsing the page and all I see is the check boxes how will I know what they represent. What I missing here? :man_shrugging:t4:

Your code so far

<label for="loving"><input id="loving" type="checkbox" name="personality"></label>
<label for="sleepy"><input id="sleepy" type="checkbox" name="personality"></label>       <label for="mean"><input id="mean" type="checkbox" name="personality"></label>
</form>
</main>

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/79.0.3945.130 Safari/537.36.

Challenge: Create a Set of Checkboxes

Link to the challenge:
https://www.freecodecamp.org/learn/responsive-web-design/basic-html-and-html5/create-a-set-of-checkboxes

Unfortunately, it doesn’t seem like you included the code from your exercise.

If you’re referring to the value term in the check boxes, what that does is allow you to communicate with the program that saves which box was clicked. It’s not very useful by itself, but if you learn PHP in the future, you can use that value to record the results you receive from visitors to a site.

You can check out this site for more information on checkboxes.

Hope that helps!

if that is your whole code, you deleted a good part of what was already present

you deleted the context about which you are asking.

No I was trying to specifically ask about that part… In the right pane window all that can be seen is the check boxes so I was inquiring where the details of the code is seen, “loving sleepy,mean,personality” assuming the person on the outside had the ability to differentiate their options and click the correct box. that’s what I wasn’t understanding, if that makes sense.
Sorry.
Andrew may or may not have answered my question, thanks!

that’s what labels are for, if you put some text in them as instructed by the challenge