Initialize the three variables a, b, and c with 5, 10, and "I am a"

I followed the instructions to a "t"Why am I not passing this test? I don’t know what else to do to get past the // Do not change code below this line message!! I’ve repeatedly "read and followed the directions sigh!!

Can you copy and post the code in a reply that you have tried? We can not help without seeing it.

To enter a code block into a forum post, please precede it with a separate line of three backticks and follow it with a separate line of three backticks to make easier to read.

See this post to find the backtick on your keyboard. The “preformatted text” tool in the editor (</>) will also add backticks around text.

Note: Backticks are not single quotes.

markdown_Forums

Thank you.

My code is

```var a = 5;
   var b = 10;
   var c = "I am a";

a = a + 1;
b = b + 5;
c = c + "I am a String!";

• I also tried above the code line and had better results with the following but still got the do not change code below this line message.
   var b = 10;
   var c = "I am a String!";

a =  a + 1;
b  = b  + 5;
c =  c + "I am a String!";
<p> 
var a = 5;
var b = 10;
var c = "I am a"

a = a  + 1;
b = b + 5;
c = " I am a String!"
</p>

Make sure to follow instructions in the comments too. You should not be changing any of the following code which was present when the challenge first loaded. If it is different, then click the Rest All Code button to start over.

// Do not change code below this line

a = a + 1;
b = b + 5;
c = c + " String!";

The instructions tell you to initialize the three variables with specific values. The current state of the variables is undefined, because they have only been declared. You got this once you fix the original code.

I got it thanks… It helped me to know to make sure no extra lines was added.
Thanks again for your help.

If you are careful about the lines that say “add your code above/below this line”, “don’t edit above/below this line”, you will have less trouble in passing the tests