Instructions in JS on codepen.io for Build a Tribute Page

I might not have created the project correctly, but I am not sure I understand the instructions in the JS(Babel) pane for completing the project. The instructions I see are as follows:

/***********
INSTRUCTIONS:

• Select the project you would like to complete from the dropdown menu.
  • Click the “RUN TESTS” button to run the tests against the blank pen.
  • Click the “TESTS” button to see the individual test cases.
    (should all be failing at first)
  • Start coding! As you fulfill each test case, you will see them go from red to green.
  • As you start to build out your project, when tests are failing, you should get helpful errors along the way!
    ************/
    I don’t see a drop down menu, a “Run Tests” button, or a “Test” button. I was hoping you could help me with what I have either done wrong in setting up the project or in where the controls (buttons) for the test.

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/94.0.4606.81 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Build a Tribute Page

Link to the challenge:

A link to your codepen would be helpful.

You should also follow the user stories given in curriculum project’s problem statement to pass!

Here is the link to the codepen. I don’t find any kind of drop down menu to select a project or any buttons that say “RUN TESTS” or “TESTS”

Hi, I understand what I need to do for the project, but I can’t find the “RUN TESTS” and “TESTS” buttons that are referenced in the instructions in the codepen itself.

Here is the drop down menu
Screen Shot 2021-10-18 at 5.51.28 AM

When you click that you should see a list of projects.

Pick the tribute page and then hit run tests.
Screen Shot 2021-10-18 at 5.52.23 AM

Then you should see the results

Click the red 3/10 passed button to read the error messages.

Thanks. I figured it out. I was running this in incognito. For whatever reason it does not work in incognito. When I moved to regular Chrome, it worked.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.