Insufficient explanation

Tell us what’s happening:
Describe your issue in detail here.

I’m making this because after looking at the solution, this is an impossible challenge to complete because how am i supposed to know that i can put a function inside the parentheses of another function like that? This was never taught in this challenge or previous challenges.

**Your code so far**

<style>
.item1{background:LightSkyBlue;}
.item2{background:LightSalmon;}
.item3{background:PaleTurquoise;}
.item4{background:LightPink;}
.item5{background:PaleGreen;}

.container {
  font-size: 40px;
  min-height: 300px;
  width: 100%;
  background: LightGray;
  display: grid;
  /* Only change code below this line */

grid-template-columns: repeat(3, 1fr) 

/* Only change code above this line */
  grid-template-rows: 1fr 1fr 1fr;
  grid-gap: 10px;
}
</style>

<div class="container">
<div class="item1">1</div>
<div class="item2">2</div>
<div class="item3">3</div>
<div class="item4">4</div>
<div class="item5">5</div>
</div>
  **Your browser information:**

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/97.0.4692.71 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Limit Item Size Using the minmax Function

Link to the challenge:

The instructions tell you to do exactly that though

Using the minmax function, replace the 1fr in the repeat function with a column size that has the minimum width of 90px and the maximum width of 1fr

I really don’t see what you’re seeing. It doesn’t say I can put a function inside another function. At least a syntax would be nice.

It says to replace something inside of a function with something that is a function.

grid-template-columns: 100px minmax(50px, 200px);
In the code above, grid-template-columns is set to create two columns; the first is 100px wide, and the second has the minimum width of 50px and the maximum width of 200px.

This is the example syntax provided that shows an example of the function that you need to replace the 1fr with.

It’s totally ok if you didn’t realize that the instructions tell you to put a function inside of a function, but that is what they say.

1 Like

Thank you for the clarification.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.