Internet Connection Problem/Help

Hello all this isn’t nessessarily a web development question/problem but more of an Internet connection problem I’m constantly having. Okay recently my internet connection has been acting up like crazy. Whenever I would run Windows Network Diagnostics to check what the problem is, it always results in saying “One or more network protocols are missing on this computer” I’ve tried to fix this problem on my own by visiting some forums, watching you videos on youtube and following instructions using a few solutions with the command prompt and the internet connection properties. So far I’ve had no luck fixing this problem permanantly smh. Some people are thinking that this may be a windows problem and that many are having this problem becuase windows 10 is not polished enough. My questions to you guys are have anyone had this problem? If so what did you do to fix it permanantly? Do you think this is mainly a problem with windows 10 or do linux have this problem also? Is this one of the reasons why people are switch from windows to linux?

The problem isn’t fixed permanently? Does that mean you’ve been able to solve it temporarily? Do you know which protocol is missing? What have you tried so far?

In answer to your other questions, I have never heard of anyone moving to Linux because of this issue in particular, and I doubt this would happen in any other operating system (though without knowing how and why this happens, I can’t say for sure).

Hey, I had also some internet problems with windows 10. My wifi would quit the connection after a few minutes/hours (randomly). I fixed it by installing another driver. It seems like the Dell wifi driver is not working properly on some windows 10 devices.

This Can Be Dangerous! You can Trash your Windows Installation using RegEdit

I fixed my Windows 10 with the following: ( again - know what you are doing or BAD things can happen! )

Open RegEdit and navigate to the following key location.The Nsi folder can contain many enteries. Open each one and look for 26.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Nsi{eb004a00-9b1a-11d4-9123-0050047759bc}\26

Right click on “26” and set to allow “Full Control” for everyone.

The last thing you need to do is Run as Admin your command prompt and execute the command “netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt”

P.S. It’s a good idea before you start to export your registry and save a copy… Maybe do a full backup of everything!

Original source of information here

1 Like

I tried this solution multiple times. It works but it’s not permanant for me.

I ran into a video that suggested that I install another driver to fix the problem but I didn’t want to mess up my computer.

For missing network protocols, you can find a lot of solutions online. There’s multiple solutions because different protocols may show up through different methods. There are tools you can download (be wary and skeptical), then there’s the “netcfg -d” command in command prompt that can fix the issue for you. You can also tweak your NetBIOS and Firewall or Antivirus to get it to work. There are more solutions you can find online, if these don’t work. Or try this: http://errorcodespro.com/fix-one-more-network-protocols-missing-windows-computer/

For missing network protocols, you can find a lot of solutions online. There’s multiple solutions because different protocols may show up through different methods. There are tools you can download (be wary and skeptical), then there’s the “netcfg -d” command in command prompt that can fix the issue for you. You can also tweak your NetBIOS and Firewall or Antivirus to get it to work. There are more solutions you can find online, if these don’t work.

Step 1. Try to avoid panicking, I have a fix that works.

Step 2. Look the web for your driver for your WiFi (e.g. Lenovo) and download it (this is a backup for the following step).

Note: I have a portable hotspot that works off USB that enabled me to finish this progression. You may need to utilize an extra PC or obtain a companion’s PC keeping in mind the end goal to get the backup of the driver for your particular model of PC (e.g. Lenovo). Search for your PC online for eg: “Lenovo W530 drivers”)

Step 3. Go to “Windows Key” > “Device Manager” > “Network Adapters” > Find your Wireless driver and right-click, “Uninstall” driver. (Presently I realize what you’re considering… This man is endeavoring to troll me. I’m most certainly not. It conflicts with what you’d think yet fortunately you made a backup just on the off chance that in step #2). Ensure you select “Expel driver software” - click “OK”

Step 4: Once it uninstalls, reboot your PC.

Step 5: Once rebooted, tap on the remote symbol in your framework plate and reconnect to your WiFi. It worked for me, ideally it will work for you. Now you ought to be ready. On the off chance that this did not work for you, reinstall your WiFi driver you downloaded as a reinforcement. USB web will work until the point when a superior fix or refresh turns out.

Good luck!

In the event that this strategy doesn’t work for you at that point don’t feel down. There are a lot of different approaches to settle it.

Reference Links:

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-2927670/network-protocols-missing.html

https://www.techwhoop.com/one-or-more-network-protocols-are-missing/

If you have trouble turning off your firewall, do the following to turn off all firewall software that’s running on your PC. Again, make sure you turn your firewall back on as soon as you can. iTunes Error 56

To turn off all firewalls
In the search box on the taskbar, type Command prompt, press and hold (or right-click) Command prompt, and then select Run as administrator > Yes.
At the command prompt, type nets hadvfirewall set allprofiles state off, and then press Enter.
Open your web browser and visit a website you trust and see if you can connect to it.
To turn on all firewalls you might have installed, at the command prompt, type netsh advfirewall set allprofiles state on, and then press Enter.

Some common errors that you will face in this situation are:

• “Windows sockets registry entries required for network connectivity are missing”
  • “One or more network protocols are missing on this computer”
  • “Could not add the requested feature”
  • “Network protocols missing error Windows 10“
  • “One or more network protocols are missing on this computer WiFi”

Solutions are:
Solution 1 – Temporarily disable your antivirus software
Solution 2 – Restore network protocols to default settings
Solution 3 – Disable NetBIOS
Solution 4 – Use Command Prompt
Solution 5 – Use Command Prompt and sc.exe

Source: http://www.pcerror-fix.com