Introduction to HTML5 Elements- closing main tag issue

**Tell us what’s happening:**I’m finding it hard to move to the next stage. I entered the p elements with their closing tags as instructed but for some reasons i’m still stuck here. I noticed the the Kitty Ipsum Text contained in the P elements was adjusted after inserting the main element and closing main tag but how that was done is what i don’t know. I’ve watched the video repeatedly but still can’t pick up the exact word the instructor said to explain that part so i’m wondering if that is where i’m getting it wrong. Please kindly help!

Your code so far

<h2>CatPhotoApp</h2>

<p>Kitty ipsum dolor sit amet, shed everywhere shed everywhere stretching attack your ankles chase the red dot, hairball run catnip eat the grass sniff.</p>

<main>
<p>Purr jump eat the grass rip the couch scratched sunbathe, shed everywhere rip the couch sleep in the sink fluffy fur catnip scratched.<p>
</main>

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/75.0.3770.142 Safari/537.36.

Link to the challenge:
https://learn.freecodecamp.org/responsive-web-design/basic-html-and-html5/introduction-to-html5-elements

The last sentence in the exercise prompt is key:

Wrap the paragraphs with an opening and closing main tag.

So, you need to wrap both paragraph tags inside the main tag.

Ur closing paragrapgh tag is not correct,fix it

thanks guys! so i corrected my closing paragraph but somehow i’m still stuck. In the left-down corner of my screen, it appears i got everything correctly but one “The main elements should have two paragraph elements as children”. So i’m a bit confused now as i already have those 2p elements…I have zero knowledge of these things and i figured i should put my laptop to a better use and that’s why i’m doing this so please bear with me. thanks for your patience…still need your help on this one!

feels good to be unstuck…thanks to venitha995!

Hi every body I am new in this web page and I need your help please would you mind to help me, please?
I have test and I want to pass it please
I want to ask about The main element should have two paragraph elements as children.
Whats mean that I didnt understand this point?
Please help😢

I’m guessing you have 2 separate sets of paragraghs elements (the 1st Kitty Ipsum text and the 2nd one you just typed) on your screen. Simply type the opening main element before the 1st kitty text. so you should have something like this:

<main> 
<p>1st kitty ipsum text</p> 
<p>2nd kittty ipsum text</p>
</main>
1 Like

Thank you I understand my mistick now

1 Like