Is Code For Each FCC Lesson Saved Locally In Browser Still Accessible Later On?

I ask because when I went back to look at the Functional Programming recent challenge’s code I’ve done, I didn’t see any of the code I wrote. I’m sure I saved the code I wrote. I have a habit of pressing “Ctrl + s” often while writing code.

There are two different types of progress being saved going on at Free Code Camp: your profile and your browser cache.

Which challenges you completed is saved to your account in the FCC database. You can see the list of completed challenges by looking at your profile page.

Your current solutions are stored in your browser’s local storage. Especially as you get to more complicated challenges that may take multiple sessions, I strongly recommend saving your in-progress or completed work outside of the browser cache. This is a good opportunity to learn the ins and outs of your GitHub account, but you can also just save locally or use a service like repl.it which allows for versioning.

The only solutions that freeCodeCamp saves to their servers is the solutions to Projects. (For most projects this is just a link.)

Your most recently submitted solutions will be stored in your browser’s cache (depending on your privacy settings.)
You can also save your in-progress code to your browser’s storage by hitting Ctrl-S. You’ll see this:

These will be deleted when you clear your browser’s cache and cannot be recovered.

If you would like to save your solutions, freeCodeCamp gives you an option to download a solution when you pass the tests:

Thank You for responding.

1 Like