Is my challenge recorded?

Tell us what’s happening:
Hello,

I passed this challenge and submit the link with all tests passed but when i return to the codepen page the code is already removed. In the meantime i submit the URL to the curriculum but is my work is still active and it will be approved ?

Thanks.

Your code so far

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/86.0.4240.183 Safari/537.36 Edg/86.0.622.63.

Challenge: Build a Tribute Page

Link to the challenge:

I tried but i can’t submit a new url to the curriculum if i have to re-do the work…
Hope it will be approved… :neutral_face:

what link have you submitted?

the codepen link provided in the challenge but i think i didn’t save my work so…

If you didn’t save your work, then you’ve submitted an empty project and will need to redo it. Projects must be live and the url that you submit must be for your project.

You can build your project by forking this CodePen pen. Or you can use this CDN link to run the tests in any environment you like: https://cdn.freecodecamp.org/testable-projects-fcc/v1/bundle.js .

Well, i will redo it… thanks for the replies.

be sure to fork the given pen so that the pen is copied to your account - your work is saved only if done in a pen belonging to you

I think it’s ok now i submited this link : https://codepen.io/devcometrue/full/vYKzJKJ

So now i have to wait a ffc team validation ?

@nicolas, you don’t have to wait for any validation. If you’d like for others to review your project and give you feedback you can open a new topic in “Project Feedback” and request feedback. Otherwise, move on to the next project.

Sometimes it’s good to request feedback so errors can be pointed out early so that the same errors aren’t committed over and over. For instance, if I was to look at your project and give feedback I’d say;

• Codepen provides the boilerplate for you. It only expects the code you’d put within the body element in HTML. (No need to include the body tags). For anything you want to add to the <head> element click on the ‘Settings’ button, then HTML and add it into the ‘Stuff for <head>’ box.
  • Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
    • There are HTML coding errors you should be aware of and address.
    • Since copy/paste from codepen you can ignore the first warning and first two errors.
  • Besides being used incorrectly in the ul element, do not use the <br> element to force line breaks or spacing. That’s what CSS is for.

Edit: Actually if I was to give feedback the first thing I’d say is;
Your page looks good. Some things to revisit;
and then I’d give my feedback.

2 Likes

Thanks for your feedback Roma,
I fixed the
issues with CSS and paste my code in W3C validator, except the first warning and two following errors i had nothing else, so i can consider it’s ok now ?

Thank you Roma.

You’re welcome @nicolas. Glad to have helped.
Yes, you can consider it okay now.

Don’t misunderstand me. As long as your projects pass all the tests you’re good to go. It’s just nice to have code looked at occasionally.
Stylewise, I normally don’t say anything because the way a person decides to style is their decision. I will only mention something if it’s something like dark text on a dark background which makes it hard to read.

Happy coding!

2 Likes