Is my Portfolio website Job ready or need some more work?

Hi guys, So I am learning to code for the past 1 year. I have made this portfolio website. Please take a look and any feedback and suggestions are much appreciated.

I am yet to make my resume, I literally have no experience as I am a stay-at-home mom for the past five years. I have helped my husband’s business as an occasional technical recruiter, helping with website content, and also created my husband’s first WordPress website which was kind of crappy. Any recommendations on how to compile my resume??

https://zoha-ahref.github.io/zohakaukab/

1 Like

Hi @zoha1 !

Welcome to the forum!

I moved your post over to the Career Advice section since that seemed more appropriate.

I really like your portfolio.

Right now, your get in touch and lastest projects buttons don’t do anything.
I would fix that.

For your real estate app, you should link the actual site.
Not the youtube video.
I don’t think people are going to sit through a youtube video of the app.

Also, when I click on the real estate github page, all I see is a readme.
It wasn’t until I clicked on your other branch where I saw your actual code.

I would remove that extra step and just take them straight to the code.

But your linkedin says you did some freelance work as a ios developer.

You do have some experience.
I wouldn’t discount that.

Here are some helpful articles on how to write an amazing resume.
I will also link Danny Thompson’s Linkedin video.
He talks about how to create a steller profile which can help you get noticed by job recruiters.

Hope that helps!

1 Like

Thank you so much for taking the time to review my portfolio website :slight_smile: , I have fixed/changed the errors you pointed out and these resources look great and very helpful will definitely go over them.

1 Like

One of the other things that I just noticed was that some of these projects look like copies of class projects.

For example, the front end mentor bank site or Angela Yu’s drum kit project.

If you are going to show class projects, I think you should add more features and change up the design so they are different than all the other versions.

Hey there @zoha1 !

Just wanted to say that your design is amazing and your work looks top notch!

However I would like to report a strange bug where on my laptop where a part of the header is swallowed by the navbar

and I also wanted to mention that you should probably work on getting a favicon on the website as well

Great job!
Best,
Cy499_Studios

Hey there fellow Harrisburger! I like your portfolio, very clean and minimal.

Few nitpicks: the social icons being vertical threw me off. Usually we scan a page from left to right. Having the social icons be vertical with animations being faded in slowly after scrolling down makes my eyes jump around the screen. Try adding them horizontally for a consistent scanning experience.

The other is I’m looking at it on my phone and the second paragraph in About fades in too slowly; the paragraphs merge into each other until the animation completes. Perhaps adjust the transition delay function to help smooth the animation out a little more.

Otherwise I like! :partying_face:

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.