Is there a feature on FCC to determine the difficulty of each project?

Hey Campers! I am just about done the JS challenges/projects (I’m commencing Cash Register right now) but I was curious if there is a way to determine the difficulty of each project.

Are they just progressively more difficult or has a ‘difficulty feature’ been intentionally omitted?

Sorry if I am not posting this in the correct place.

function checkCashRegister(price, cash, cid) {
var change;
return change;
}

checkCashRegister(19.5, 20, [["PENNY", 1.01], ["NICKEL", 2.05], ["DIME", 3.1], ["QUARTER", 4.25], ["ONE", 90], ["FIVE", 55], ["TEN", 20], ["TWENTY", 60], ["ONE HUNDRED", 100]]);
  **Your browser information:**

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/89.0.4389.90 Safari/537.36.

Challenge: Cash Register

Link to the challenge:

I generally feel like the further you get through the curriculum the harder things will be, but it not just a straight incline, and not everything is necessarily harder, and some harder things will seem relatively easier as your progress as a programmer. The specific challenge you are on took me forever to complete, but I did eventually get it and it is little more than trivial now. You will run into the most impossible things and look on them in retrospect and just have a chuckle

3 Likes

I think it really depends on what skills/experience is required for each challenge.
For example, I am good with if/else chain logic but struggle with regular expressions. I found certain challenges I could quickly figure out and others I couldn’t, but I wouldn’t say one was objectively more difficult.
I think it just depends on the person.

Difficulty is subjective. The challenges are progressive (later ones assume the knowledge taught by earlier ones) and they tend to get more complex as they go, but every person will vary in terms of which concepts they grasp quickly and which ones they struggle with.

1 Like

That’s what I was thinking. Thanks Ariel!

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.