Is there a Glitch in this challenge?

ok (i duplicated the 26 result using $0.offsetHeight)

Same result (26) entering

document.querySelector('h4').offsetHeight

Standing by (is there a diagnostic I could run on the width lesson preceding the height lesson in the Applied Visual Design curriculum? Might this be helpful in view of the fact that I and others encountered the same error in both places?)

just seeing this, stand by

Just to show that the h4 is indeed the element selected:

ok thanks and you’re welcome

I take it you don’t think it’s necessary to run a similar test on the width lesson?

ok again thanks for looking into this

zoom was at 67%. could not re-produce former run-tests error after setting zoom at 100%. could this have been the trouble others were having getting tests to go through on this lesson? also is there a specification at the start of the curriculum that zoom should be at 100% (or do only illiterates like me use other zoom levels)?

also not sure why 67% zoom level was not causing run-test errors for me elsewhere in the curriculum?

(both of your diagnostic snippets also returned 25 in console at this zoom level, FWIW, which is likely nothing)

OK. Thanks for your help.

Perhaps it would be useful to loop in @Randomguy also fwiw

@camperextraordinaire Sorry for the late reply, but as I said in the GitHub issue I can’t login to the forum at all because of the issues with the forum. Somehow I finally managed to login.

@markthomastheolder or anyone else with this bug.

If at some point you have time can you test something for me? Tell me what numbers you get with different zoom levels (33%, 50%, 90% should be enough to get an idea) in Chrome.

1. Right click the card and select “Inspect”.

2. Switch to the console tab.

3. Paste this in and press enter

Math.round(document.querySelector('h4').getBoundingClientRect().height)

1. Click back on the page and change the zoom on the page (make sure it’s not the console you are zooming, but the page) and repeat step 3.

2. Report back the numbers at the diffrent zoom levels, or if it’s the same number just let me know.

Just seeing this. Testing now.

right click so that h4 element is selected for inspection inside the console, correct?

i assumed that’s correct. the results at zoom levels 33%, 50% and 90% are 30, 20, and 18 respectively.

It should put you in the correct context if you right click the card or the h4. You can check the context by looking at the drop-down menu next to the clear button (the zero with a line through it) it should say fcc-main-frame. I think you got it otherwise you would have gotten a reference error.

context

Well those are not the numbers I was expecting at all. Are you on the right challenge?

Can you try document.querySelector('h4').scrollHeight but just at 90% and 67%

@markthomastheolder And thank you for the help, I appreciate it.

When you have time. Can we do a quick sanity check.

At zoom level 100% what numbers do the code give you? Make sure you are on the right challenge and have set the height on the h4.

document.querySelector('h4').scrollHeight

And

Math.round(document.querySelector('h4').getBoundingClientRect().height)

Note: I may not be able to login again to the forum as I’m having issues with the login.