Is there a way for me to code properly using my phone

I dont have a laptop or a pc only phone so could i properly code just using my phone?

Nop, please get a laptop or desktop to code.

You can get an external keyboard for the phone, like a Bluetooth keyboard. Still, the screen on a phone isn’t exactly optimal for coding. There are other limitations of course some might be overcome by using sites that let you code in the cloud.

It’s pretty difficult, but yes it is possible.
I recommend you read the article on using a mobile device to view some tips - most importantly, check out the coding keyboards listed, because the default keyboard applications on most phones do not work well for coding.

Overall, you’ll probably find yourself facing frustrating challenges that are unique to the fact that you’re using a phone. That means you’re going to need to be creative and persistent at finding solutions. Depending on the phone and your budget, you may be able to connect it to full-sized keyboards, mice, and screens. The cost of these devices is probably as high as an inexpensive laptop though, so I understand that might not be an option.

I think you’ll find the process of learning to code much more enjoyable if you can gain access to a computer occasionally - perhaps at a library, community center, or the home of a friend/relative? Even an old and low quality computer will probably be easier than a phone.

for a general code playground, Replit - Replit Mobile App

For the freeCodeCamp curriculum, stay tuned for updates to the freeCodeCamp Mobile App

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.