Is WordPress still a good career path?

Yes effeminately WordPress is a very good career option. There are lots of development work on WordPress and you can easily get hired in companies that do these works.

Moreover as a freelancer too you can do WP works by your own. I am also doing some projects of my clients on WordPress and I love this CMS.

1 Like

is not the right word

1 Like

That completely depends upon you. If you are a designer go for designing, if you are a developer and go for web development. If you are a marketer its useful to get leads. Use Wordpress as a platform to publish your design, or use wordpress to develop your themes.

There are lot of designers and developers making a career in wordpress, so there is no harm and it is a good choice if you have a passion to learn wordpress.

I realize this is an old thread, but as Iā€™m actually on the crux of getting a wordpress front end with some back end development job the best way I can sum it up is yes, depending on what you are doing. You have to understand the LAMP stack and be comfortable with backend troubleshooting not just front end for a long term career in wordpress.

Now react is very sexy right now but itā€™s not attractive for the vast majority of clients who want something easy to do and non technical, ie wordpress.

Hiring a react developer who are all in high demand is out of the question for most common people who just want a site asap. Too expensive and how do you make changes on a website? Many people do not even want to touch the easy wysiwyg editors.

Itā€™s why companies like the one iā€™m interviewing at has made a career retooling the tool.

In brief, any front end developer who is open minded and not married to one language or one stack will have a very bright career and future.

I got through half of Andrei Neagoieā€™s web development and already know enough to impress people at the interview stage.

But really programming on any stack helps in the long term.

I donā€™t want to be married if Iā€™ll soon become a widow.