Issues trying to login after 3 years

After a serious illness, I’m now recovered and ready to get back to learning.
I’ve been repeatedly denied access access to freecodecamp.org login site. Using original email and password. Using the OTP emailed to me (numerous attempts) to login. Also with my Github account? What gives? I had a lot of progress and want to start from where I left off, or start over.
Not with a new account or Creating another Git account. ?
Thank You.
rlueth

If you are unable to log in it may be that you have a duplicated account. To solve this issue you will need to write to support@freecodecamp.org.

You can read more about the issue here

I thought this was support?
Thank You. :slight_smile:

Yes, this is the #support subforum in the Free Code Camp forum, but if it is a case of duplicate account you need someone with database access to fix it. Reachable at that email address.

Also identifying an account require infos that for privacy reasons it is better to not leave on a public forum.

BTW I only created ONE account until , I just tried with Github too.
I can still see my progress
by going to URL/username

you can read how the issue came to be in the link I posted above

seems like someone is in the same shoes as I am! I’ve been a member since 2017 myself. Progress was not saving so I logged out and now can’t log in.

@rlueth did you contact support via email? Did they resolve it? I’ve been waiting for more than 10 hours for a reply.

Thanks for that github link @ieahleen. How long does it usually take Quincy to fix it?

It doesn’t seem something that require much work, but considering that the core team is really small, it depends on when they are able to do some support work, and how much backlog there is in that email folder (I heard once they get around 200 emails per day)

They took care of it about 12 hours ago actually. Nice.
But now, I am stuck on “basic CSS - challenge 13” … I know this much CSS that I am doing what the ex asks me to do but I keep getting the error "your div element should have a silver background. Indeed it does too … but it won’t let me progress

Hello again!

Please make sure your browser zoom is set to 100%, and that you have disabled any extensions that access FreeCodeCamp (i.e. dark mode extensions).

If that fails, consider switching browsers. Chrome is the officially supported browser for the FCC curriculum.

1 Like

If you have a question about a specific challenge as it relates to your written code for that challenge, just click the Ask for Help button located on the challenge. It will create a new topic with all code you have written and include a link to the challenge also. You will still be able to ask any questions in the post before submitting it to the forum.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Yep! chrome did it @nhcarrigan … thanks a bunch chief for such timely advice.

1 Like

@ieahleen I had seen the ‘ask for help’ button but was reluctant to use it not knowing how it worked. Your post was very precise and helpful. Thank you.

I just finished the basic CSS & HTML sections. Finally, did learn something new, CSS variables. The visual design module sounds very challenging. I will be starting it after Ramadan finishes, in about 8 days’ time.

Thanks for all your help guys. Cool.