Issues with Data Visualization Project 1 Bar Chart Tests 10 & 13

I’m encountering errors that I’m having difficulty troubleshooting. One is with the x-axis and the second is with the tooltip functionality.

1) X-axis Issue

I failed the test case 10:
The data-date attribute and its corresponding bar element should align with the corresponding value on the x-axis.

The result is
AssertionError: x values don't line up with x locations : expected false to be true.

2) Tooltip Issue

I failed the test case 2:
My tooltip should have a "data-date" property that corresponds to the "data-date" of the active area.

The result is
AssertionError: Tooltip's "data-date" property should be equal to the active area's "data-date" property: expected '1993-1-01' to equal '1993-01-01'.

However, sometimes it passed even with the same code. :woman_shrugging:t2:

Link to the challenge - Visualize Data with a Bar Chart

Link to my source code

Any help is appreciated!

I solved the test case 10 by referring to: Visualize Data with a Bar Chart - not passing test number 10

• new Date()
  • scaleTime()

by myrmidonut

This error message with false and true is a bit misleading I think…

But the issue is that you are not setting the x-values for your bars properly. Check your line 52: you are setting x to the current index times barwidth… basically a counter that goes up. But actually your x-axis is dates! Your x is just a number, lets say 115, but the data from the json is a date, lets say 2001-10-12.

Try setting your x values in line 52 similar to how you set your xScale in line 17. Dont forget to scale them!

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.