It doesn't recognize the link element... Learn CSS Animation by Building a Ferris Wheel - Step 1

Tell us what’s happening:

Hint: You should have one self-closing link element.

Your code so far

Ferris Wheel
<!-- file: index.html -->
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">

<head>
    <meta charset="UTF-8">

<title>Ferris Wheel</title>

<link rel="stylesheet" href="./styles.css" >
  </head>
  <body>

</body>

</html>
/* file: styles.css */

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/106.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Learn CSS Animation by Building a Ferris Wheel - Step 1

Link to the challenge:

Your solution works from my end. Please try one of the following steps to move forward.

Click on the “Restart Step” button and force a refresh of your page with CTRL-F5 then try to paste the code in again.

or - Try the step in incognito or private mode.

or - Disable any/all extensions that interface with the freeCodeCamp website (such as Dark Mode, Ad Blockers, or Spellcheckers), and set your browser zoom level to 100%. Both of these factors can cause tests to fail erroneously.

or - Ensure your browser is up-to-date or try a different browser.

I hope one of these will work for you.

Wow… Thanks a lot. Incredibly, only the last suggestion worked out. I normally work in Chrome, I copied and pasted the solution in Edge and the test finally passed. Thanks again.

1 Like

I use chrome but I don’t have any conflicting extensions/add-ons installed

was having the same issue, nothing worked until I updated Chrome and Windows, and rebooted.

1 Like

i’m having the same issue here, tried all the possible solutions above but still won’t work.

If you have a question about a specific challenge as it relates to your written code for that challenge, just click the Ask for Help button located on the challenge. It will create a new topic with all code you have written and include a link to the challenge also. You will still be able to ask any questions in the post before submitting it to the forum.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.