I've just completed the Technical Documentation Page Challenge!

I’d like you to check out my project,
https://codepen.io/eliot6001/full/mNOqoZ
What do you think?

Hi @eliot6001, your page looks okay but there are a few things you should go back and review;

• codepen only expects the code you’d put within the <body> </body> tags in HTML. (No need to include the body tags). For anything you want to add to the <head> click on the ‘Settings’ button and add it into the ‘Stuff for <head>’ box.
    • The link to your font would go in the box labeled ‘Stuff for <head>’
  • codepen provides validators for HTML, CSS and JS. Click on the down arrow in the upper right of each section and then click on the respective ‘Analyze’ link.
    • in CSS you have a typo that affects how you want your page to display and you’re linking incorrectly.
    • in HTML there are many instances of elements being used incorrectly as children
  • id's can be used only once. If you’re going to use something multiple times for styling then use class.
    There are many instances of the <br> tag. In some of these instances you can avoid by using <pre> <code> together. Do some research there.
    When using <ul> use the <li> tag for the items, not <br>

The page is being set up semantically. In that case, in the <header> you would use something like an <h1> <h2>...etc tag rather than <strong> which semantically has a different meaning.

Hope some of this was helpful.

1 Like

Nice color, although you should add some more. I think you should get a different font for the normal text and add a little bit of margin.
You page completely loses its css when it is a certain width.
Please make it a bit more responsive.

1 Like

It`s beautiful! I love the Fallout franchise :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ooh the Analyze one Surprised me, i didn’t know it exists thanks.
The “pre” Tag, i didn’t know about it, Interesting, :slight_smile:
as for “ID’s” I was stuck in an error and i just tried multiple tries and i ended up using ID’s In different places, I fixed that
It was very helpful, Thank you :slight_smile:

As said, you should check your code for errors and fix them.

• I would center and push down the nav header a bit.
  • Add a hover effect to the links.
  • Stack the page a bit sooner.
  • Increase the vertical spacing between sections.

Is there a reason why you have the CSS Preprocessor set to PostCSS? Because you are not using it as far as I can tell.