Tell us what’s happening:
Describe your issue in detail here.

Your code so far

function palindrome(str) {
  return true;
}

palindrome("eye");

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:109.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/113.0

Challenge: JavaScript Algorithms and Data Structures Projects - Palindrome Checker

Link to the challenge:

Did you have a question about this challenge? If you can explain in your own words what you are struggling with, we might be able to help!

I am working on project: Palindrome Checkers. I need help with it.

Can you explain what you’ve tried and what you don’t understand?

2 Likes

I have been studying JS for quite number of years, due to nature of job; I skipped classes and I don’t really know what to do to continue my Js Projects.
Any help?

Well the purpose of this challenge is to write a function which takes a string as a parameter and returns true or false, depending on whether or not the string is a palindrome (i.e. is the string the same backwards as forwards)?

There are a few different ways of approaching this, some more efficient than others.
One simple approach would be to reverse the string and check if it matches the unreversed string. There are many ways of reversing a string, including built-in methods. If you don’t know how to do this, a web search of ‘reverse string javascript’ should give you all the info you need.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.