Javascript - error message question

Okay so I barely started learning Javascript by just reading “Javascript for kids - Dummies” and practicing in my computer. However, Im confused about what the book meant by : “If you try to run the program split over three lines in JavaScript Console in Chrome, you’ll get an error message when you press return/enter.”
If someone can explain this to me and show me and example I would very much appreciate it!:innocent:

Can you provide us with more information so we can help further?

what program?

or the issue is that you don’t know what’s the JavaScript Console?

without more infos we are unable to help

Yes sorry about that! Thank you so much for trying to help me here are 2 pictures of the Textbook that I was reading. I highlighted the part that I didn’t understand.

!

Yes thank you so much for trying to help me out I recently just posted 2 pictures of the of the textbook pages that I was reading. I highlighted the part that I didn’t understand I hope you can explain it to me.
Thank you very much !

1 Like

Ok, so what it means is that when you are writing code, when you hit return or enter to move to the next line, the book says you will get an error because the code you are writing isn’t complete. It told you to use shift plus enter to fix that. But I don’t think you need to do that, you just have to hit enter to go to the next line. So don’t worry about that.

1 Like

Oh okay thank you so much for your help ! I was kinda confused about it but thanks to you it’s clear now :slight_smile:
Have a great day!

1 Like

that is if you are using for example the browser console, as that will run once you hit enter (F12 to open it on google chrome)

it’s saying you can’t run just the first line on its own because only that line it’s wrong syntax and it will give an error back

1 Like