Javascript REGEX expressions

https://www.freecodecamp.org/learn/javascript-algorithms-and-data-structures/regular-expressions/match-single-character-with-multiple-possibilities

I am doing that challenge

this is my code

let quoteSample = "Catch me i You can.";

let unRegex = /[aeiou]/ig; // Change this line

let result = unRegex.test(quoteSample); // Change this line

error is last two requirements are not getting fullfilled

1. Your regex unRegex should not match “There is a bug in my code.”
  2. Your regex unRegex should not match “Catch me if you can.”
    i dont know where is the mistake if anyone can guide me .

i updated the link
@RandellDawson
well i was trying to match it with these instruction

Use a character class with vowels (a, e, i, o, u) in your regex vowelRegex to find all the vowels in the string quoteSample.

but i got it now thank you for responding:)

Hello Maria.

It seems you are referencing a different challenge. The tests for the errors you provided are not in the linked challenge.

1 Like

@Maria_16 The code you reference above appears to be for the Match Anything with Wildcard PeriodPassed challenge instead.

That challenge’s instructions are:

Complete the regex unRegex so that it matches the strings "run" , "sun" , "fun" , "pun" , "nun" , and "bun" . Your regex should use the wildcard character.

Your current regular expression will result in true if there is a vowel in the string. That is not what you are asked to match.

1 Like

@Maria_16 You still seem to be mixing up two completely different challenges.

The code you have posted above is for the challenge Match Anything with Wildcard PeriodPassed challenge. There is nothing in the instructions about using a character class with vowels (a, e, i, o, u) in that challenge.