JavaScript Technical Documentation Page

Hey guys! Whipped up a quick intro to JavaScript – any feedback would be greatly appreciated :pray: (Please note that the tests are not currently on – I passed all of them but afterwards changed the nav hrefs and section id’s to not have special characters, since the little JS script won’t work with them.)

Cheers!

1 Like

Please note that the tests are not currently on – I passed all of them but afterwards changed the nav hrefs and section id’s to not have special characters, since the little JS script won’t work with them.

OK, but what are you going to submit? You were given a task to create a page that meets those user stories. What are you going to do if you get a job? “Sorry, I know that the Product Owners worked hard and came up with this user stories, and I don’t really have the high level vision to understand why, and I know I’m just the programmer, but I decided to do something a little different, the way I think it should be.”

Part of becoming a developer means sometimes (often) coding to other people’s specs. I realize that these user stories are somewhat arbitrary, but trust me, so are a lot of user stories.

Just something to think about.

2 Likes

Seems like you misunderstood. I had already submitted it with all tests working. Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think I can do whatever I want with my page after passing the tests.

(And it’s not like the tiny things I modified have any impact whatsoever on anyone’s ability to give feedback on the assignment).

Thanks for the comment, but it comes across as pretty rude. No hard feelings though! :v:

Sure, yeah, if you want to do it twice, that’s cool. It just caught my eye because I’ve seen people do the “I didn’t like the user stories so I just did what I wanted” thing before.

1 Like

The pen that you submit with all tests passing remains the pen that you submit. If you make changes to the pen it’s still seen as the pen you submitted and if all tests are no longer passing then it can be taken as you did not submit a project that met the requirements.

You can redo any of the projects but when you do it should be a different pen. Not the one that was submitted.

The feedback/comments you received were spot on. You asked for feedback on one of the FCC projects and the projects are expected to meet the user stories.
Please don’t think I’m ganging up on you. If I had given feedback first I would have said the same thing as @kevinSmith.

Got it, thanks for the clarification. I was unaware of how this works after the tests are passed.

I just took issue with the tone of this passage in Kevin’s reply:

You were given a task to create a page that meets those user stories . What are you going to do if you get a job? “Sorry, I know that the Product Owners worked hard and came up with this user stories, and I don’t really have the high level vision to understand why, and I know I’m just the programmer, but I decided to do something a little different, the way I think it should be.”

But @kevinSmith, I see where you’re coming from and how some folks just whine about the requirements. All good and now I know not to edit but duplicate if there’s something minor I want to modify! :v:

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.