José Guadalupe Posadas: Tibute Page

I started #100DaysOfCode challenge and finished all lesson from responsive web design: now, I’m building the finals projects to complete the course.
Here is my first project: The tribute Page to : José Guadalupe Posadas a famous Mexican Skull Painter.

I would love your feed back.

PD: In every project I tried to keep it simple.

Saludos!!

https://codepen.io/leonardootc/pen/oNgrGzr?editors=1100
2 Likes

Welcome to the forums @leonardootc. Your page looks okay but there are things you need to revisit;

• On using codepen. codepen only expects the code you’d put within the <body> </body> tags in HTML. (No need to include the body tags). For anything you want to add to <head> click on the ‘Settings’ button, then HTML and add it into the ‘Stuff for <head>’ box.
    • The link to your font would go in the box labeled ‘Stuff for <head>’
    • You have fonts listed that aren’t being used. Revisit the lesson on importing a Google font paying attention to using quotes around family names and family names being case sensitive.
  • You have multiple uses of id's. An id can only be used once per document.
  • Rethink your tribute info. It’s very hard to read disjointed sentences that are centered.
  • Review the lesson about giving meaningful text to links
    • ‘More Information’ is not accessable
2 Likes

Hello @Roma : Thanks for the feedback ¡ I really appreciate !

This’s really worry to me: I Know that the #id only have to be used Once and .class could be used more than once: I don´t what happen to me whe wrote the code : maybe the rush to finish the tribute page.

About the others subjects: I fixed very soon.

I did some changes into the project: Tribute Page

I will love all yours feedback.

Thanks!!

See the Pen GuadalupePosadas by leonardootc (@leonardootc) on CodePen.

It’s looking better @leonardootc but some additional things for you to revisit.

• since codepen gives you the boilerplate and you don’t need to include the body tags, change them to div
  • right about your <h3...> you have a stray <p>
  • right below your <h3...> you have a div and then another stray div that’s not closed. I think you meant to wrap that paragraph in p tags…get rid of that stray div
  • in the main id rule in CSS you have three font-family declarations in a row. Recall the C in CSS stands for cascading so those first two aren’t needed…or else you’re not doing what you wanted to do.
  • Keep the test script when forking the pen (<script src="https://cdn.freecodecamp.org/testable-projects-fcc/v1/bundle.js"></script>). Your page passes 9/10 user stories.
    • When you submit your projects they should include the test script
  • Make your page responsive. (When you correct the failing user story it will be)
1 Like

@Roma :

Thanks, Roma by your observations : I didn’t realize I was a lot of “typos” and structural errors: I corrected them also I did the tests and all points was checked.

Thanks for you support , I aprreciate a lot. :smiley: :smiley:

See the Pen GuadalupePosadas by leonardootc (@leonardootc) on CodePen.

1 Like