JS Calculator w/ React Feedback

Hi, I’ve finally passed all the tests for the Javascript Calculator Project. This one was pretty tough. I would really appreciate feedback on this, especially from more experienced coders. Let me know what I did wrong or what I could have been done better. Thanks.

Link to codepen: https://codepen.io/Mel80/full/dyYgYjx

1 Like

Overall a very nice job. One issue that stands out though is that as I increase the text size the numbers/operators start to get cut-off at the bottom. If you don’t know how to increase the text size, using Firefox, go to the ‘View->Zoom’ menu and activate ‘Zoom Text Only’. Then while holding down the Ctrl key scroll your middle mouse button. It won’t take much of an increase until you see the issue.

Hey @bbsmooth, thanks for giving my project a review. I tested in Firefox and saw the issue you pointed out. The problem was that in my css I had too much line-height and as the text size was made larger, it pushed the numbers down. This should be fixed now.
Thanks again.

Simple one, but nice working. So basically try to do something more complicated like calculator that you can write: 2*3/4-(5+6)*100 in one command line and when you hit enter it will calculate this equation.

@gringo, thanks for the review. That looks like a good challenge but I have already started on the next project, the Pomodoro Clock. I’ll keep your suggestion as a future upgrade to my calculator.