JS Technical Documentation Page Feedback

This project used quite some time, lot of experimenting, squishing bugs but im quite happy with the result :slight_smile:
https://codepen.io/nickwon/full/LYQRQEb
Tell me what you think!

PS: Im still really bad at the “responsive” part @media queries and such…
A friend of mine who works in the field says I should not think about them too much as framworks will lift that weight later on, opinions?

Hi,

Not sure what it looks like on a laptop but I am looking from a phone and it really doesn’t work at all!

Background looks cool though so i am sure it will look good when you habe fixed this issue

Clare

Yeah, I need to work on responsiveness!

That’s an interesting point about media queries, I’d like to know the answer to your question as well.

I think your design is really interesting, with the cascading folders! I will say that from an accessibility standpoint, the glowing green text on a black background is difficult to read. I wanted to spend more time with your page, but was starting to get a migraine looking at the glowing parts as I have sensory processing difficulties. I suggest perhaps simplifying the font design or choosing another more readable option.

Yes. fCC provides a framework lesson that helps you with the responsiveness of your website.

That is on FrontEnd Development Libraries curricula.

The text on your side navbar is not readable. Here’s a link to help you on how to work with your contrast:
Contrast Checker

On your content, I don’t know if it’s readable for others, but, I don’t think you need a background that screws the readability.

Happy coding! :slight_smile:

Thank you so much for your input!
Im so sorry to hear that you have had difficulties with the glow.
I did not think about Accessibility too much and mainly wanted to experiment with my own skills on what I can do.

I will definetly try to improve it!

Thank you so much for your input! :slight_smile:

I will try and improve the readability. My last projects were more on the standard plain side , so I tried to stretch my wings with this one and challange myself design wise.

The friends I showed the site did not voice any of these readability and accessibility concerns so the input on this forum is very valuable to me and will help me learn and improve.

Thank you again :slight_smile:

@xynoan @jinwithwings
I have made some changes, let me know what you think!

Your side navbar text looks better than before but you can still work on the glow effect.

I wonder what’s going on here? :thinking: Compared to other sections, this section lost its background.

Oh, and I don’t see any content on mobile. A framework is nice but it’s also plus points to know how to work with media queries, frameworks never existed initially, after all :wink:

1 Like

It doesn’t loose the background on desktop view. The background seem to be an Issue because the missing queries that I have not yet configured.

Now that I think about it, it might be because I have the background a specific height that works for desktop browsers but for mobile phones the content and everything is squished and the height would need to be much larger.

I like the navbar text as is and asked my neighbour who has bad sight and she could read it just fine. It might be also a mobile issue then.

As of now I will leave this project as is and will try to make responsiveness and visibility better on my next project from the ground up ( and not as an after thought like here ).

I agree I should git gud first with queries before relying on frameworks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.