Just a small town Landing Page

Hey ladies and gents,

If you have some free time your hands would you be so kind as to have a look at my project?
Be as harsh a critic as you feel is necessary. Also if you could mention the good points so I at least know where I’m going right that’d be amazing.

https://codepen.io/ello_Butter/full/bGEbwoM

Some points to note:

1. I am very aware that the project is not fulfilling one user story which pertains to the Nav-bar at the top of the viewport
    Explanation: Aesthetics, it’s a simple fix and I know how to do it. To me, it just looks better this way; with the box-shadow covering the entire border. My previous project fulfilled this user story so I felt I could perhaps be cheeky with this one :stuck_out_tongue:

2. 95% of the info is just a direct copy and paste from another website. Since I’ll never make this version of the website live I can’t see it being a plagiarism problem but let me know if this still is an issue.

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to read this and, hopefully, have a look at my project! It is all very much appreciated

Johnathan

2 Likes

Hey man nice work.

Although you can consider:

1. Changing some of the colors like the yellow on top (it’s too bright).
  2. Adding some animations.
  3. Removing the blue page-border. (I personally don’t like them)

Have a nice day.

1 Like

Hey Johnathan, i guess the colors are not well matched with each other. Consider changing some of them, especially that blue in the background.
Good luck

1 Like

hi @johnathan.cody1992
good job.

i assume youre aware too about your page not responsive enough in smaller screen.

1 Like

The video is not optimised for mobile.

1 Like

Hello @sobadrdb
I wasn’t actually. Thank you for bringing it to my attention. Are you talking specifically the video?

Hi @coder20201!
Thank you for bringing that to my attention, I shall get right on it

Johnathan

Hey @crossphoton! @Meryem_Jow

Thank you both for taking the time to respond.
It seems the colours are definitely something that need revisiting!

Johnathan

2 Likes

i mean all element if open in smaller screen