Just finished my first web app! Feedback would be appreciated!

Hey guys!

I’m new to this forum so let me give you guys a little background on myself:

I’ve worked as business analyst for about 4 years now, so I’ve had exposure to software development, however I’ve never created any software for myself but I’ve always had a curiosity for it. Well, when the pandemic hit in 2020 I suddenly had tons of free time (luckily got to keep my job but didn’t have much else going on) so I thought why not use this opportunity to explore my curiosity. So about 200 hours, many swear words and frustrating nights later, I manage to create my first web app!

My app is a simple web app that allows users to create accounts and view NFL team & player stats from the 2000 season onward. This app is built using Ruby on Rails and connected to a PostgreSQL database, both are technologies that I’ve never worked with in my full time job (I definitely did not make this easy on myself haha).

Anyways, here is a link to the app and my GitHub. I would appreciate if you guys could take a look and give me some tips on what I can do to improve as a developer. Thank you!!!

GitHub: https://github.com/jckanellis/Pro-Football-Stats

App: https://www.profootballstats.app/

Users can log in using the test credentials below:

Email: testprofootballstatsuser@gmail.com
Password: Delta123

2 Likes

I don’t think many people here are going to be willing to give you their email address in order to evaluate your app. Do you have a test account we can use? I suppose I could create a throwaway email address but I’m to lazy to do it :slight_smile: Basically, if you want feedback on this you’ll probably need to make it very easy for us to log into your app.

Ahhh great point, my apologies for overlooking that.

Users can log in using the test credentials below:

Email: testprofootballstatsuser@gmail.com
Password: Delta123

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.