Just finished my Simon game - and got my Front End certificate

Just finished my Simon game - and got my Front End certificate

Well, I just finished my Simon game and it seems to be working like it’s supposed to. This was a fun challenge and there was plenty of CSS to contend with so I was able to learn a few pretty cool things along the way.

One disappointment for me was that it works well on my laptop but doesn’t work well on mobile browsers because of how mobile handles events and sounds. I thought it might be just me but a quick search of others’ projects revealed that everyone seems to be having these types of problems. For this reason, I decided it was pointless to add media queries and the CSS to make it responsive - though it wouldn’t take a lot of time to do so.

Still, I’m pretty happy with how it turned out and the lessons I learned from it! If you have a few minutes to test it and let me know if you find any bugs, I’d appreciate it!

Oh, and I also got my FED certificate! Woo hoo! :slight_smile:

Now it’s time to polish up my portfolio, put a resume up on LinkedIn and start looking for a job. Crossing my fingers that I can find something good. I do plan to continue FCC, but in the short term, I need a job so will be focusing on that for now.

Thanks FCC for providing me with a solid path to follow and keep me focused on the important stuff with these projects and challenges!

http://codepen.io/PenCoderr/pen/wWQxNa

Congratz dude! I hope to be in your place soon! good luck on the job search, and don’t stop learning!

my only criticism is that it is a bit hard to turn on and off. oh and for me at least, when it wants you to hit a color multiple times, it will not light up after the first time.

Thanks man.

OMG, I just tested to see what you’re talking about and it looks like there’s a bug that wasn’t there before. I copied it over and I may have missed some lines of code. Crap! I hope it doesn’t take to long to find and fix!

Congrats! I haven’t gotten very far in FCC yet (other commitments getting in the way).

I’m also hoping that FCC will be a good lead-in to a job. GOOD LUCK in your search!

Congratulations! I remember when I got mine that it struck me that in the beginning those last projects seemed impossible. But I overcame it, and so did you!

Next time you face anything that seems at first to be way beyond your ability, know that all it takes is time and Google :slight_smile:

Phew! Found the bug. I was worried because it was working perfectly before I put the link here! Here’s a hint: don’t play with the original project after you’ve linked to it. Make a copy to play with, always! haha.

By the way, could you elaborate on what you mean by “hard to turn on and off”? The event listener is attached to the blue switch and I haven’t noticed any problems in my browser at all as long as you click ON the blue switch itself, not the space beside it. I know the FCC example allows you to click anywhere, but I figure, hey, it’s a switch. LOL

Thanks for you feedback!

Thanks! I actually wasn’t intimidated by these projects. I didn’t know how to do everything in them when I started, of course, but I’ve been making time and Google my close friends for a while now. :smiley:

In fact, I’d go as far as to say that nearly everything I do is “beyond my ability” in the sense that I’m always having to Google stuff to learn how to do something new or refresh my memory about something I forgot how to do. haha

Congratulations on the front end certification! Looks like you’re well on your way to a great software engineering career.

Congrats dude and best of luck in future =)