Hi! I just finished project 3: Landing page. I passed all the user stories. I also made it responsive (mobile friendly) for the most part. I would love to hear any feedback you can give me. Be as brutally honest as you can. Thank you!
Your page looks good @Stampflmail92. Some things to revisit;
- Codepen provides the boilerplate for you. It only expects the code you’d put within the
bodyelement in the HTML editor. (No need to include the
bodytags). For anything you want to add to the
<head>element click on the ‘Settings’ button, then HTML and add it into the ‘Stuff for <head>’ box.
- For instance links to fonts go in the box labeled ‘Stuff for <head>’
- Btw, the
linkelement is not closed
- Codepen provides validators for HTML, CSS and JS. Click on the chevron in the upper right of each section and then click on the respective ‘Analyze’ link.
- The one for CSS is good. Use it and address the issue(s).
- (The one for HTML misses things which is why I recommend W3C)
- Check that the user has entered a valid email addr. Throw an HTML5 validation error if not.
- You learned to do this when coding the survey form
- It’s very odd to me that the
#contactnav-link goes to the ‘select’ button in the “Les Paul Models”. You’re missing a section, right?
Hi! I made some changes.
I could not for the life of me, figure out how to use the Font Awesome icons, it wouldn’t show up. I tried for like 2 hours-the code is still in there.
For iPhone responsiveness, I could not get the header to be fixed and look good at the same time. I either did display: relative which made it look better, but it was not fixed then. If I changed it to display: fixed, the header covered my email input and submit button.