Keyboard project FAIL

I feel like a madman, trying to put a simple link element in and constantly being told it’s wrong when it isn’t.

I am on the 8th step, I have provided SEVERAL iterations of what the instructions asked for, a SINGLE link element with rel=“stylesheet” and href=“./styles.css”. I have tried it with a closing of > and />, styles.css and ./styles.css, I have tried reversing the order of the rel and href, I have tried adding type=“text/css” even though the instructions have not asked for that… ALL FAIL.

It keeps hinting that I should have one self-closing link, which is all I have. I have reset the project page 4 times. NOTHING WORKS!

Please give us a link to the step you are working on and paste in your HTML.

To display your code in here you need to wrap it in triple back ticks. On a line by itself type three back ticks. Then on the first line below the three back ticks paste in your code. Then below your code on a new line type three more back ticks. The back tick on my keyboard is in the upper left just above the Tab key and below the Esc key. You may also be able to use Ctrl+e to automatically give you the triple back ticks while you are typing in the this editor and the cursor is on a line by itself. Alternatively, with the cursor on a line by itself, you can use the </> button above the editor to add the triple back ticks.

You might have browser extensions enabled which are interfering with the tests. Have you tried disabling all extensions and resubmitting your code?

Complete HTML:

<html lang="en">
  <head>
    <meta charset="UTF-8" />
    <title>Piano</title>
    <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0" />
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="./styles.css">
  </head>
  <body>
    <div id="piano">
      <div class="keys">
        <div class="key"></div>
        <div class="key black--key"></div>
        <div class="key"></div>

<div class="key"></div>
        <div class="key"></div>

<div class="key"></div>
        <div class="key"></div>
      </div>
    </div>
  </body>
</html>```

Your code is passing for me. Try in a different browser.

Thanks… I had the latest version of Chrome… maybe something in the new update was messed up. Firefox ran the code fine though. I doubt it was any extensions on Chrome.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.