Kindly feedback my tribute project page

I’ve done my first project on freecodecamp and looking for feedback to make it better.
Here’s the link: https://sudheeradh.github.io/freecodecamp/HTML/tribute/index.html

1 Like

A few things:

• The three columns at the bottom need to be responsive. They need to switch to 1 column with three rows at some point as you narrow the browser. Also, if you use em units for your break point then they will also be responsive to changes in text size.
  • You’ve got a jump from an h1 to h3 heading in there. Heading levels should only jump by 1. ‘Major Contributions’ should be an h2 and then the topics under that heading should all be h3.
  • Not a fan of the hover effects but that’s more of a style preference so to each their own.
1 Like

Thanks for the feedback. I’ve made all the changes suggested.

Hi @Sudheeradh. I like your tribute page project and it’s wonderful. I like the background and the intro image. But, here are some suggestions from my side:

• There is an unwanted horizontal scrollbar in your project. Please remove it.
  • Add a little bit of bottom margin for the footer.
  • The link in the footer looks like a text rather than a link. Try changing the color of it.
  • The text for the link is not accessible and is not meaningful. Instead of just “Wiki”, change the text to “More info about Einstein” or something similar to it.
  • Giving a “Comic Sans” font for the card titles makes it unreadable. Try using other simple fonts.
  • Add a little bit of left and right margin for the content in mobile view.

Anyway, great work as a beginner. I appreciate your hard work.

Welcome to the forums @Sudheeradh. Your page looks good. Some things to revisit;

• Keep the test script when forking the pen (<script src="https://cdn.freecodecamp.org/testable-projects-fcc/v1/bundle.js"></script>).
    • The test script should be included, with all tests passing, when you submit your projects.
  • Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
  • There are HTML coding errors you should be aware of and address.
  • Review the lesson about giving meaningful text to links.
  • There’s a horizontal scrollbar on your page. Remember to take margins and padding into account when sizing your page.