Kobe Tribute Page Feedback

Hey guys this is my first project, i would love any feedback you can give! https://codepen.io/louieyasin/pen/jObqaYB

This looks pretty good when viewed on a large screen. This is currently not responsive. The letters are hard to see when they reach the upper border of the floor, near the black background. This page is currently only passing 5 out of the 10 tests. Place the following code at the top of the HTML section in order to be able to test your page:

<script src="https://cdn.freecodecamp.org/testable-projects-fcc/v1/bundle.js"></script>

The errors will give you some hints.

Great first project!

thank you so much for the help! fixed the issues to pass the test. the issue with being difficult to read on when you get to the floor ive noticed but didnt really have any good ideas to fix it besides highlighting the text or completely changing the background.

This probably looks weird, but you can try some sort of text-shadow if you’d like. This is the one I came up with:

text-shadow: -1px 0 yellow, 0 1px yellow, 1px 0 yellow, 0 -1px yellow;

You can put this in your p selector and try it out. I think it makes the text easier to read, but it may not be what you are looking for.

1 Like
  • When using codepen it only expects the code you’d put within the <body> </body> element in HTML. (No need to include the body tags). For anything you want to add to <head> click on the ‘Settings’ button, then HTML and add it into the ‘Stuff for <head>’ box.
    • The link to your font would go in the box labeled ‘Stuff for <head>’
    • Everything that the browser renders belongs in the body element. You have a lot of things outside of it.
  • Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
    • Coding errors that need to be cleaned up.
  • Do not use <br> to force line breaks or add spacing. Use CSS to do your styling.
    • There is no such tag as </br>
  • Review the lesson about giving meaningful text to links.
  • Make your page responsive. It currently is not on smaller screens.

Very nice. It’s not look like this is your first project. Pretty Awesome.