Landing page and one page website?

Hello
What is the difference between landing page and one page website?
are they the same thing?

and what is the aim of each one?

and why someone needs landing page or one page website and not a multi-page website?

sorry it seems very beginner questions.
and many thanks in advance.

Landing page is a marketing term. It’s where you direct the traffic for an offer.

A website with four short pages can be written as a single page with four sections. It came about as an evolution of practices. It’s one way to avoid page reload which takes time.

1 Like

A single page website, also known as a one-page website, is one that only has one HTML page.

There are no extra pages like an About, Features, or Contact Us page.

According to Awwwards, content on single-page websites is completely loaded on the first page, making the user’s experience more seamless and fluid.
&
A landing page is a standalone web page created specifically for a marketing or advertisement campaign in digital marketing.

Unlike web pages, which usually have several objectives and promote exploration, landing pages have a single focus or objective, referred to as a call to action (or CTA, for short).

1 Like

@tlc35us

thanks so much for your reply.
so landing page and one page website are the same? it is just landing page for marketing , but the one page website for everything else?

@JessicaMiller

thanks so much for your reply.
so landing page and one page website are the same? it is just landing page for marketing , but the one page website for everything else?

What Jessica says is right. Usually is more a marketing term but yeah, it’s common that a client could ask you something like “Hey can you make me a website? just a single page website to promote my business and give my number to everyone”. So there’s no “landing” product.
Then if a company is making a product and they need a Landing page with just small features like contact, about us, and main feature, we’re talking about a website for first insight about their product. So it’s common to see after some time, the full website (apart from landing page) that have all the features like Online purchase, register and so on.

1 Like

@nuajen
thanks so much for your reply. it is helpful.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.