Landing Page and Website Building

Hello!

In reference to the landing page exercise example in the curriculum, it does not have the header going over the navigation bar like my page:

What i mean is when you scroll up, all the elements in the page and video go over the logo and the menu buttons. What i would imagine is to have a sort of invisible
divider, where the logo “Sustainable Homes” and the menu “Features, How it Works, Pricing" are on the same level and cannot be overridden by other objects.

I was also wondering if anyone ever used meta charset=UTF-8? What is the reason for seing UTF-8 at the bottom of web pages?

The last thing i wanted to ask for anyone who built a website (for a portfolio), how did you choose your domain in terms of how much load and bandwidth it could handle?

If i want to add videos and small animations with my projects on my website, is a regular $10 “GoDaddy” domain enough ? How do you know if your domain supports enough database?

Also, what is the difference between let’s say, one domain selling for $10, and then another one for $15 with a note next to it saying (“more secure”)?

That’s what i saw on the google domains.

It’s weird because i would think that google would sell their domains with “https” by default. So why would there be a “more secure” domain?

Thanks for your time if you read my post!

Sincerely,
Phil.

1. Add a positive z-index to the header.
header {
  z-index: 10;
}
  1. No I see no reason why you would put that on the page.
  1. You can get free hosting (Netlify, Surge.sh, GitHub pages, etc.) but you have to pay for a domain name if you want your own. But I wouldn’t pay for that unless you really need it.

2. No idea, we can’t know what is meant by “more secure”. But in all likelihood, it sounds like marketing (upselling).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.